Better Building for a Better World
If you are an architect, specifier, building professional, property developer, or homeowner concerned with sustainability, improved occupancy, and lower operating costs then LEED project certification is something to consider.
LEED, or Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, is the most widely used green building rating system in the world. Available for virtually all building, community and home project types, LEED provides a framework to create healthy, highly efficient and cost-saving green buildings. LEED certification is a globally recognized symbol of sustainability achievement.
– Green Building Council
Learn More about LEED
Earning LEED Points with HDG
HDG Building Materials can help you earn LEED points. For example, HDG Thermory products provided LEED points toward certification, through reduced thermal conductivity rating and Class 1 Durability Rating. Other HDG products that can contribute LEED points include:
- Buzon pedestals – Products contributes to LEED 2009 or LEED V4 credits
- Natural Stone – gain LEED credit for regional materials when the quarry is close to the project site. LEED credits are also available for salvaged and recycled materials.
Decking and Siding Products that Can Contribute LEED Points
- Resysta – Learn More
- ACRE by Modern Mill – Decking, Siding, and Sheets products all contribute. See the scale and contribution categories. Learn More.
- HDG Bamboo – LEED® MR Credit 6. Rapidly Renewable Materials: Fused Bamboo Decking and LEED® EQ Credit 4.4 Environmental Requirements Low-Emitting Materials
- FSC wood products – ipe, massaranduba, cumaru, etc. More from FSC.
Locally Sourced Stone Earns LEED credits
From Bellingham to the Bay Area, projects in all of Washington, Oregon and Northern California will benefit from LEED certification points for sourcing HDG Pacific Continental Basalt locally. Perfect for projects wanting or needing US-quarried and fabricated stone. Applications include: good stone for paving, stair-planks, treads and risers, wall-caps, wall-cladding and curbs. Columnar-basalt core-drilled for water-features are also available. Learn more about HDG Pacific Continental Basalt.
Leadership in energy and environmental design (LEED) is a green building certification program. LEED promotes better buildings and recognizes best in class building strategies and practices. Its aim to to create better places for people, communities, and the environment. Green building brings multiple benefits: saving money, conserving energy, making better building material choices, and driving innovation.
Have a LEED Discussion
Whether your role is in funding, designing, or building, you owe it to yourself and other stakeholders to consider LEED in your next project whether that project is for people to live, work, or play. Want to learn more about HDG products that contribute LEED points, please contact us.