Entrance Shows Versatility of Stone
The Willamette Falls Hospital merged with Providence 2009 and became Providence Willamette Falls Medical Center. The hospital’s emergency entrance shows how versatile natural stone can be as a building and paving material. Leading architects, designers, building professionals, and homeowners who want longevity, eco-friendly design, and unparalleled character choose natural stone for their projects.
Stone for Any Application
Natural stone is the most versatile building material. There is a natural stone product for every application and a finish to achieve any look desired. The Providence Willamette Falls Medical Center design reveals many common uses by architects and designers for natural stone:
- Granite bollards – represent radius cut cubic pieces (from block). HDG offers such architectural stone for bollards, benches, radius stair planks or treads, columns or bases, geometric or naturalistic carvings, etc. Many finishes are available; the finish shown here is lychee (bush-hammered).
- Wall veneer is a natural stone tile – a wide range of colors is available. This one shows a gold-rust multi-colored cleft slate tile veneer. HDG can furnish gauged slate or quartzite tile veneer or flooring in a range of colors.
- Stone pavers are a random ashlar pattern of mortar-set pavers in lychee finish showing the range of natural color that can be expected from this granite
- Sand-blast or CNC engraved names – just need to make sure the font is large enough to be sharp and clean. HDG can paint engraving with a weather-resistant or metallic paint prior to delivery and installation.
- ADA textured stone pavers – The raked paving in front of the granite bollards in this applications is formed concrete. For an improved design aesthetic HDG can produce such ADA textured stone pavers with a point-stalk finish (hand-chiseled), scored, or a blade-stalk specialized wave-like directional finish cut into the face of the stone. We can also provide truncated dome transition pavers – used at intersections.
Choosing the Right Stone and Finish
Natural stone is versatile enough to achieve the aesthetic, performance, and cost goals of your most demanding exterior and interior projects. Selecting the best natural stone and finish for your application can absorb weeks of extra time into your project. Worse yet, it can leave you second guessing if you made the right decision. Let HDG’s resident stone expert, Erik Nelson help you navigate the myriad choices of stone, colors and finishes available to achieve just the right characteristics for your application. HDG Building Materials is a resource to architects and builders from concept to completion. Let Erik show you how versatile natural stone can be. Contact Us to introduce your project. View HDG Building Materials Natural Stone Brochure.
* HDG Building Materials principal, Erik Nelson, sourced materials and oversaw fabrication and delivery for this project while serving as Vice President of Operations at Yellow Mountain StoneWorks.