Humpback Whale Sculpture Emerging from Infinity Pool
Municipal Project: “Tahku” Humpback Whale Statue
Location: Near the Seawalk in Juneau, Alaska
Nature expert and artist R.T. “Skip” Wallen sculpted “Tahku,” a life-scale, 6-ton, 25-foot-tall breaching humpback whale. Set in an infinity pool on the banks of the Gastineua Channel makes the project even more realistic.
- HDG Butterfly Blue granite natural stone
- Applied finish is honed
- Granite wier surrounds the whale sculpture water-feature infinity pool
- Granite cladding to match wier surround
- Park designed by Tetra Tech, Inc.
- Project was built by Admiralty Construction, Inc. of Juneau
- Local subcontractors used for electrical, plumbing, control panels, concrete, waterproofing and finishes
- HDG Building Materials supplied dimensional stone with applied finishes
When in Juneau, visit “Tahku” the breaching humpback whale in all its glory at the Whale Project at 350 Whittier St. Juneau, AK 99801
Ask for a Sample
Samples are available for most products HDG Building Materials supplies. For stone, select colors and finishes are in stock and available for sampling. We can also order custom-cut any finished samples of any of our stone, produce them, and send photos at no charge. Learn about our White Glove Service.